It’s important to carry a focused approach towards protecting the grounds of your school’s campus. It’s essential for all campuses to properly prepare for incidents in the case that they do occur. Improve the security of your buildings, both inside and out, by considering the following tips:
- Maintain clear lines of communication. Encourage your students to speak out if they notice any suspicious activity or feel uncomfortable! Let them know that school officials or campus security will listen closely as they express their concerns and will do everything to investigate and resolve the issue. Your student body plays an important role in the security of your campus; essentially, they’re the eyes and ears of your facility. Make sure they know that their input is important! Easily communicate with staff, students and parents in the event of an emergency. Mass notification systems that easily alert all necessary parties of impending danger can be the difference between life and death.
- Security presence around campus. A visible presence of security around campus can have a strong effect on the message of the school. Whether this be through cameras, security systems, guards, etc. the simple existence of these security measures can stop a criminal in their tracks, providing for a safer environment. It will make your students and faculty feel more secure knowing they are well protected and looked out for.
- Proactive planning. Planning is always key, but especially critical when it comes down to the safety of faculty and students on a campus. Consider possibilities from all angles, both inside and out. Have a system down pat that works seamlessly between your faculty, staff and authorities. When you receive service and support from a company like Access Security Corp., specialists will help you cover all the bases; from designing and engineering the best safeguard possible, to supporting you with a reassuring central monitoring system. Add the appropriate tools to your school’s security plan, and you’ll be ready to respond to a potentially life-threatening situation in the community.
- Access control systems. The advancements in security technology has been astounding for campuses. From wireless locks to card readers and even facial recognition, the ability to track who enters and leaves buildings throughout campus is an effective method in preventing harm. From residence halls to classrooms, dining halls and recreational buildings, the use of access cards, biometric readers, proximity readers and video analytics can provide great benefits and enhanced safety measures. The use of access control in order to enter buildings prevents unwanted individuals and suspicious activity, restricting access to only trusted personnel. It can allow you to monitor these systems remotely, lock and unlock entryways from your phone and receive real time data and insight into the amount of traffic in and out of certain buildings throughout the day.
- Ask for a professional security consultation. With Access Security, our team will visit your site to listen to and acknowledge the needs and concerns of your faculty. Then, we will evaluate each building to identify possible threats and figure out how your current security measures can be improved. Maybe you need to install a better video surveillance system to monitor the behavior of your students, or you want to invest in an access control system, shooter detection system or intrusion alarm. Whichever route you choose, our team will help to ensure the safety of your students, faculty and visitors.
Ready to learn more about enhancing your security measures? Call 1-800-886-5625 or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.