IT Support Specialist

Posted 11 months ago

Job description

If you love learning new technical skills and systems, are known for your troubleshooting skills, enjoy providing a fantastic customer experience (including user training), and thrive when you get to have ownership over your role in a very teamwork-oriented and collaborative environment, you might be a great fit with us as an IT Security Support Specialist.

In this role, you would work with our commercial, industrial, and institutional clients and their IT staff to implement and provide ongoing support for their physical access control and IP Network Video Systems. The ideal candidate will become comfortable with setting up routers and firewalls, Layer 2 and 3 network switches, large storage servers, and VMware solutions.

What you can expect from us:

  • Opportunity to be an integral part of an established and well-respected company that provides leading security technology and is known for its excellent customer support.
  • A fast-paced environment where each day brings different and new challenges/opportunities with exposure to the latest network and security technologies.
  • A commitment to professional development and support for your growth, including paid on and off-site comprehensive training and promotion opportunities
  • Ability to work with a talented team of smart and fun professionals who truly value teamwork, each other, and take great pride in the work they do.
  • Opportunity to truly make an impact at a growing organization.
  • Excellent benefits including Simple IRA Retirement Package; healthcare medical coverage; dental coverage; paid time-off; vision care coverage

What you will be doing:

  • Leveraging your enthusiastic energy and love of the IT profession to assist in researching and evaluating new and interesting security technologies.
  • Assisting in the design, configuration, and setup of new customers’ electronic security systems.
  • Supporting the systems we installed and using your outstanding troubleshooting and customer service skills to provide timely network and software issue resolution, communicating with customers via support tickets, email, phone, and on-site.
  • Performing maintenance and upgrades of our client’s security firmware and software including IP cameras, Network Video Servers, electronic access control appliances, and servers.
  • Using your excellent organization skills to assist with the maintenance and documentation of all network design and configuration, outlining all significant changes to clients’ security systems.
  • Demonstrating your love of learning by keeping your knowledge of IT technology current, specifically as it pertains to cybersecurity and how it interfaces with our security solutions, as well as completing compliance training and applying what you learn in your work.
  • Performing other related duties as assigned.

Job requirements

  • Minimum of 5 years of Networking and Server Hardware Experience and/or helpdesk support.
  • Bachelor’s Degree preferred (but not required)– ideally with a B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study.
  • Ability to identify and troubleshoot TCP/IP issues and other network issues, as well as firewall and DNS issues.
  • Experience with VMware, working with Microsoft Active Directory and related management tools.
  • Experience with Linux operating systems preferred (but not required).
  • Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation, with effective problem-solving skills and the ability to contribute to a team environment.
  • Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to client sites with equipment e.g. servers, etc. 1-2 days per week (15-25%). Reimbursement provided if a personal vehicle is used to travel to customer sites. 85% of customers are within 1 hour of the office and the remaining 15% are within 3 hours.
  • Must be able to lift and maneuver 40 pounds.

We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.

Apply Online

A valid email address is required.
A valid phone number is required.