We’re looking for a full-time, talented, and solution-focused Network and Systems Engineer to be an integral part of our team and impact the overall success of our company. This valuable team member will engineer, implement and support (troubleshoot) a wide range of physical access control and IP network video security systems, and customized integrated security solutions.We are looking for someone extremely enthusiastic about being an integral part of our organization and its offerings, and truly owning the projects and solutions that will add incredible value both to our business and to our client’s security infrastructure. You will be highly appreciated and respected, because your work is imperative to our ongoing growth.We provide each customer with the best possible security solutions, protection, and customer service. Established in 1972, Access Security Corporation is a full-service security integration firm that designs, installs, and supports quality security systems. Our easy to use, state of the art systems offer powerful protection. Our solutions are proven in rigorous pre-assembly, testing, and quality control standards. Our corporate advantage comes from our certified staff, reputation for excellence, and our ability to establish strong and long-term client relationships.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to be an integral part of an established and well-respected organization that is on the cutting edge of innovation, and is known for excellence
- A fast-paced environment where each day brings different challenges/ opportunities and exposure to the latest technologies
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth
- Ability to work with a talented team of smart and fun professionals who truly value teamwork, each other, and take great pride in the work they do
- Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits (health and dental insurance, retirement plan, and PTO)
- Opportunity to truly make an impact
What we’ll expect from you:
- Very strong, well-rounded IT expertise and passion for IT
- Phenomenal critical thinking, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Deeply caring about offering and delivering the best possible service
- Solution-oriented, self-driven, proactive and critical thinking, with the ability to independently identify needs and opportunities, present them to senior management with a clear business case (while remaining free from attachment to outcome), and fully implement those solutions
- Ability to ask great questions to gather information from stakeholders and understand their needs
- Adaptability, comfort wearing multiple hats, and a drive for continuous improvement
- Extreme detail-orientation, organization and prioritization skills, and a penchant for creating documentation and helping to define processes
- Professional, solution-minded, and friendly demeanor with a strength in building strong business relationships internally and externally
- Ability to learn very quickly and a love of learning
- Fantastic listening, written and verbal communication skills with all types of audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn from mistakes, and a deep love of taking on new challenges
- Flexibility with working on call as needed, and being able to occasionally work extended hours to get the job done
- Excellence at proactive communication, and managing expectations and risks
- A long-term perspective with a mind for scalability and the big picture
What you will be doing:
- Tenaciously troubleshooting complex technology and applications issues using Teamviewer, gotoassist, etc., and resolving support tickets while providing accurate and timely responses to customers
- Designing (including specifying hardware), planning, and implementing video surveillance, camera system, access control, routers and firewalls, Layer 2 and 3 network switches, large storage servers, VMware solutions, and/ or security applications such as Lenel, Software House, AMAG, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades of our client’s security firmware and software including IP cameras, Network Video Servers, electronic access control appliances and servers
- Monitoring network status and maintaining network stability and efficiency
- Identifying needs and opportunities, with concrete and well thought out proposals for the implementation of solutions
- Collaborating with the team on estimates and scope definition as needed for new projects
- Creating and maintaining documentation of all network design and configuration, and documenting all significant changes to client’s security systems
- Communicating daily with customers in a friendly way that supports our strong and long-term relationships and reputation for excellent customer service
- Researching and evaluating new technologies for both in-house applications and for client’s security systems
- Continuously improving our internal IT infrastructure, including network security, firewalls, policies, mobile management, Active Directory, etc.
- Some training of end users on software
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications we require:
- Proven experience (5+ years) in an IT role, including some network engineering, and hands-on experience with hardware, network switches, servers, etc.
- 2 or 4-year degree or equivalent experience in computer science or similar field, and/ or applicable industry certifications (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Authorization to work in the US
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 40 pounds
Qualifications we prefer (but are not required):
- CCNA, CISSP, or hacking certification – If you do not have these, we would love to support you in getting them
- Background in security — Experience in video surveillance, camera system, access control, and/ or security applications such as Lenel, Software House, AMAG, Exacq, Avigilon, etc.
- Experience building computer hardware, servers, SANs, PC’s
- Experience in an IT MSP
- Experience with SIP, Linux, VMware, Active Directory and related management tools
Are you up for the challenge?